Sunday, January 9, 2011

Edinburgh, after the snow

Apparently it went on to snow quite a bit last night.  By this morning there was a few centimetres cover.  Of course this meant the streets and pavements were covered in dirty, slippery, slushy muck.  The snow had stopped however and the weather was lovely and clear again.  I headed for the National Gallery, not taking the camera since I didn't think I'd be needing it.  Forgot how pretty snow can make things, so I grabbed a few shots with the phone.







The gallery was quite good.  Smaller than I expected, but a lot of interesting stuff.  They had a very nice collection of Impressionist work which I really enjoyed.  I was also here at the right time to see a collection of Turner watercolours which is brought out of storage every January under the terms of the bequest that saw them given to the gallery.

Was going to go on to the rest of the day, but I'm having trouble staying awake.  Might come back to it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment